Peace on earth

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 by Marianne Elliott

It's nearly two in the morning and I have to be up very early for a long drive to my parent's farm for Christmas. I've ruined myself for sleep by getting upset about something small, having ignored the signs of an impending emotional maelstrom that had been gathering all day.

You'd think that I would learn, after 37 years. Instead, I will just give myself a break, let myself off the hook for being such mess tonight, and take myself off to sleep.

But not before I wish you all wonderful holidays. It has been a huge year for me, a year of big changes and big adventures and I've been grateful for your company along the way. I'll be taking a break from blogging for the rest of this week and the weekend, but I'll be back next week to reflect more lucidly on the year that has been.

Enjoy whatever time you have this week to be with family or friends, to laugh, to love and to celebrate the possibility of peace on earth and goodwill to all beings.

12 Responses to "Peace on earth"

1. asiyah says:

Happy holidays to you and your family!

2. Merry, merry Christmas, friend, and safe travels.

3. JC says:

Peace on Earth???
    Aren’t humans amazing Animals? They kill wildlife – birds, deer, all kinds of cats, coyotes, beavers, groundhogs, mice and foxes by the million in order to protect their domestic animals and their feed.
    Then they kill domestic animals by the billion and eat them. This in turn kills people by the million, because eating all those animals leads to degenerative – and fatal – – health conditions like heart disease, stroke, kidney disease, and cancer.
    So then humans spend billions of dollars torturing and killing millions of more animals to look for cures for these diseases.
    Elsewhere, millions of other human beings are being killed by hunger and malnutrition because food they could eat is being used to fatten domestic animals.
    Meanwhile, few people recognize the absurdity of humans, who kill so easily and violently, and once a year send out cards praying for “Peace on Earth.”
    ~Revised Preface to Old MacDonald’s Factory Farm by C. David Coates~
    Check out this informative and inspiring video on why people choose vegan: http://veganvideo.org/
    Also see Gary Yourofsky: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bagt5L9wXGo

4. Sara says:

Wishing you all peace and love now and in the new year!

5. amy says:

travel safely. thank you for all your inspiring words this year. they have been a pleasure to read and wonderful food for thought.

6. Lisa says:

Traveling mercies to you, dear one.
    I wish you all the best for the holidays and much great happiness and health in the New Year.
    Discovering your blog has been a blessing for me in 2009.

7. elizabeth says:

I wish you safe travels and a wonderful holiday. I very much enjoy your blog, even if I lurk more than I comment.

8. Anne-Marie says:

I wish you peaceful holidays and safe travelling, dear Marianne.

9. Emily Perry says:

oh, and may peace be with you! we all need some calm, some peace and love more than ever! so i’m sending some your way! happy holidays!

Safe travels my friend…Happy New Year!

11. wrapped in love are you, divine beauty.
    i consider you among the miracles that came knocking this year and look forward to sharing the inner and outer adventures i just know this year will bring.
    so much love.

Merry Christmas, Marianne! I hope you have a wonderful time at your parents place. Relax! Laugh with loved ones! Eat their delicious food! I’m looking forward to catching up with your posts over the next week. Hurray! Oh and Happy New Year! I wish you the very, very, very best in 2010.