My new photo blog

Saturday, September 22, 2007 by Marianne Elliott

Little_boy_on_a_hill_in_cheghcharan

I'm starting a new photoblog. It's called "Look Closer: Portraits of Afghanistan" and the idea is to share images of Afghanistan which will challenge the news media's portrayal of this country as a wartown, terrorist-harbouring disaster zone.

Almost two years have passed since I arrived here, and Afghanistan and its people have won my admiration, my respect and my heart and I hope that my images will help share that with a few others.

It's pretty new (brand new!) so there are not too many posts so far, but I hope you'll come visit and let me know what you think.

11 Responses to "My new photo blog"

1. Safrang says:

Excellent new feature! I look forward to seeing your photos.

2. Laini says:

Great idea, Frida! Your photos are wonderful, and for me your blog truly is a unique window into another world — something I don’t see anywhere else, especially not with the kind of humanity that you portray. Thank you!

3. sassy says:

You take beautiful photos… I can’t wait to see more.

4. Mélanie says:

Fantastic idea Frida !! Your pictures are so wonderful !! I love this one of this magic boy . You can see alot of things through his eyes

5. megg says:

How wonderful!! This is so exciting. I am really looking forward to having you open my eyes even more!

6. ceanandjen says:

Oh, this is a wonderful plan! Your photos are always so amazing. xoxo

7. You are a wonder, Frida. Really.

Hooray for you! I’ve enjoyed seeing all your photos of Afghan faces so far and I’m sure the photo blog will be wonderful. Headed there now. xo

9. Kerstin says:

I love this idea; it is a much needed and welcome contrast to all the images and stories that emerge from your part of the world via the regular media channels. Sometimes photos are so much more powerful, too, and you are not only a great writer, you also take wonderful pictures!

10. Mary says:

This is a blooming great idea. Now we just need to make sure that online media critics find it as well. Love your work lady.

11. susannah says:

YES YES and more YES! you know how much i love your photography, so this is making me smile from ear to ear – go you! x