Something to be thankful for…

Monday, May 21, 2007 by Marianne Elliott

Mango_on_the_roof

If you are going to be dumped and heart-broken then it might as well be at the beginning of mango season. I can tell you that it is very hard to feel sorry for yourself when you are sitting in the sun eating a mango.

11 Responses to "Something to be thankful for…"

1. homeinkabul says:

Oooh, I am so envious. Mango season is the best!
    I’m intrigued, what are you reading?

2. Ours our still waiting to mature here, but the tree is so heavy with them… the squirrels just love them! Yes, we have a mango tree in our back yard- we are so lucky!
    Big hugs, Frida dear… I know you are going through a lot right now. Take care of yourself and feel all the love we have for you…
    xoxo

Ah, yes mango – always a treat! Enjoy. xo

4. Margaret says:

Yum. I love mango!!!

5. Oscar says:

Hello, Frida. I write from Peru. I discovered your blog when I was searching for information about Afghanistan. I understand how do you feel now and I am sorry about the pain you are in.
    I know this is not the best moment to make comments on your blog. I will only say that I find it very interesting and that I admire you for your courage and the humanitarian work that you do.
    I hope you will be able to overcome soon this feeling of heartbreak.

6. Alex says:

Amiga! What a beautiful picture!
    I’ve just caught up on your posts 🙁
    My heart is with you, sweet girl! xo

7. ceanandjen says:

Hurrah for some sun, both literally and figuratively!
    xoxoxo

8. [a} says:

omg that’s kinda creepy!
    You know in your previous post, with that loong rambling comment by me? I was gonna write “Go eat mangoes..they’ll make you feel better..” But then I thought that sounded idiotic so I backspaced it.
    The colour of that mango is sublime!

9. [a} says:

omg that’s kinda creepy!
    The colour of that mango is sublime!

Mmmmm…I like mango, too, especially in salsa or cooked with chicken or fish…mmmm…mango.

11. I adore mango too. I hope you are okay.
    Love from Marrakesh:-)