Wanna get 2 free yoga practices, special offers + insider news?
This year I’m hosting a sweet retreat at one of my all time favorite places in the world: Esalen in Big Sur: Sunday 21 to Friday 26 July 2013. I only have room for 9 people so it really will be an intimate affair.
This retreat is for women like me (and maybe like you). We understand the value and importance of taking care of ourselves. We know how good we feel when we eat healthy food, do some yoga, and take time to lie in the sun and read a book. We know we are more creative when we have more rest, and that we are a more compassionate and intuitive teacher/mother/friend when we get time just for ourselves.
We know we can only do our best work in the world, and make a difference in the lives of the people we care about, when we take time to care for and nourish ourselves.
YET, life is so very, very full that we find ourselves rushing from day to day with a gnawing sense that something is getting away from us, and there just isn’t time for a walk in the woods, or an afternoon nap on the couch, a big fresh salad for lunch.
* Practices, tools, support and opportunities to rest and reconnect with your creative, courageous, compassionate self in ways that will empower you in your work in the world, nourish your ability to care for the people you love, and reconnect you with a sense of meaning and purpose.
* Opportunities for yoga and writing practice, with support, instruction and encouragement from Marianne.
* Full access to Esalen Institute’s amazing, healing hot tubs, Pacific Ocean views, creekside hikes, meditation spaces, gardens, other movement classes and massage (massage is at an additional cost).
* Opportunity to connect with others because sometimes we need to share a meal with someone who isn’t checking their phone every few minutes.
* Time for rest, stillness, silence and solitude.
Cancellations and refunds: If you need to cancel before May 31st, we’ll refund your payment. After 31 May, we won’t be able to give refunds, but someone else can take your place.
This October join me, Jen Louden and Tracey Clark for the Creative Joy retreat, where we’ll experience and expand the JOY in our lives in delicious, safe, and creative ways.
You’ll refill your joy well through the flow of yoga, the stillness of meditation, the thrill of writing and the creativity of photography, practicing ways to ground yourself into the present moment, cultivate gratitude and tap into the stream of JOY that lives within you all the time.
You will come away from this retreat feeling rested, resourced, expanded and centered, with simple practical ways to keep the joy flowing, and deeply aware of the potential for JOY in your own life no matter what.
The retreat will flow through yoga, meditation, writing and photography each day with all sorts of small surprises and a community of like-minded people.
When: October 24 – 28, 2013
Where: The Garrison Institute, Garrison, NY, USA
For the second year running, I’ll be assisting Jen at her famous writer’s retreat, and offering daily yoga classes. This retreat is actually already full, but I’m including it here because sometimes people have to pull out, and for that reason we keep a waiting list.
If you think writing with Jen Louden, yoga with me and the clear blue sky of New Mexico sound like heaven, get on the waiting list here.