1. There is an astonishing ease to the things that flow from following your enthusiasm.
2. That ease doesn’t exempt you from hard work, but it does mean you never have to scramble.
3. You don’t always have to put your hand up. If your intention is strong and clear, the people who share that intention will find you.
4. Your belly will always tell you the truth. Listen to your stomach. Seriously.
5. Balance means very different things to different people. For me it means a softness in my belly and an openness in my chest and throat, no matter how ‘busy’ I may be. Balance comes in waves and cycles. It’s not about rigid routine.
6. Everything goes better with tea. Especially if the tea is vanilla roiboos with almond milk.
7. Grace is a comfortable bed you can fall back into, a place of accepting everything – including yourself. Unlike most beds, however, you never have to get out of it.
8. Kindness is one of the most powerful forces on earth. All the more so for how profoundly it seems to be under-estimated by most.
9. Singing, especially chanting, really is a shortcut to bliss. If you don’t think you can sing, I assure you, you can. If I can, you can. I promise.
10. You know that saying “We teach what we need to learn”? So far in my life, it seems to be true. Therefore, I teach the yoga of kindness and ease.